Such a long title for something so simple and delicious to make!
When I was in high school, I came across a recipe that called for prepared oolong tea to use as the water when making glutenous rice. My mom said “Ooh, Popo (Chinese for grandma) really likes that kind of dish.” And let me tell you, I am loving it too. Such a great flavor. I like to reconstitute dried shiitake mushrooms and use the left over water and tea to cook my rice. The results are heavenly!
I use a rice cooker and I have no idea what the measurements are for a regular pot on a stove. My apologies.
Tea Flavored Glutenous Rice with Chinese Sausage and Shitake Mushrooms
- 3 scoops glutenous rice
- 1 oolong tea bag
- 1/3 cup dried sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 3 links chinese style sausage
- Put rinsed rice in rice cooker.
- Soak tea bag and dried shiitake mushrooms in 2 cups hot water for 10 minutes. Pour tea and mushroom liquid into ricer cooker along with mushrooms. Discard tea bag. Fill rice cooker to the 3 line. Place Chinese sausage on top.
- Turn rice cooker on.
- Can top with thinly sliced green onions