I had some left over artichokes and thought I would use them up in a fancy hors d’oeuvre. Basically because that’s how I roll.
This recipe came from a cookbook I picked up from Arizona, Sonoita Seasons Recipes from Karen’s Wine Country Cafe.
I love that this recipe uses plain bread (the cheap 99 cent loaf works perfectly) for the crust. Plus, it was so easy to make! Perfect for a potluck or light snacks before dinner.
- 1 loaf white bread, each slice rolled thin
- 2 cups marinated artichoke hearts, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons liquid from artichokes
- With a cookie cutter, cut a round from each slice of bread and place in a muffin tin, lightly pressing down into cavities
- bake at 350°F until cups are lightly browned.
- In bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients and fill toasted bread cups.
- Broil until artichoke mixture is lightly browned.
- Serve hot