This dish is always soooo good! I even eat the left overs cold straight from the fridge for breakfast. (Hey, who says i don’t eat like a champion?)
It pains me to admit this, but I have no idea where it is that I first found the recipe for this dish. I vaguely remember it coming from a Chinese cookbook my mom had, but I can’t find it now. So please bare with me, and please, don’t give me credit for this recipe.
Sticky Coconut Rice with Mango
- 3 cups glutenous rice
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large mango peeled and cut into bite sized cubes
- Prepare rice as you normally would (but do not rinse the glutenous rice – rinsing will wash off the glutenous starch). I use a rice cooker.
- While rice is cooking, in a small sauce pan, bring coconut milk, sugar and salt to very slow simmer. Stir constantly.
- When rice is done (and still steaming hot) transfer to large heatproof bowl and pour hot coconut milk mixture on top. Fold until well incorporated. (It will look soupy at first, but the rice will absorb the coconut milk, don’t worry.)
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Scoop onto plate and serve with mango pieces