I was invited to a family friend’s annual holiday and music party. I was instructed to bring either a dessert or appetizer (but was strongly encouraged to bring an appetizer since several people are bringing desserts… typical).
Well let me just say, I made enough for 16 servings (according to the recipe) and really tuckered out my 4 cup food processor (one of the newest additions to my kitchen appliance collection).
But the results were delicious! I may have eaten one or two of those servings for breakfast… How can I resist sun dried tomato and basil?
Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus
Original Recipe Yield 4 cups
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup finely shredded fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Place garlic, salt, tahini, and lemon juice into a food processor; process until smooth. Pour in the garbanzo beans and 1/2 cup olive oil; process until smooth again, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally. Once smooth, add the sun-dried tomatoes, and pulse until they have been chopped to very small pieces and are incorporated into the hummus. Finally, add the basil, and pulse a few times until mixed in.
- Spread the hummus into a shallow serving dish, and make a few decorative grooves on top. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, then drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with paprika before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 163 | Total Fat: 10.6g | Cholesterol: 0mg