My mother gave me a package of rice spring roll wrappers a while back and I have been meaning to use them up somehow.
Well, today I realized you can put literally ANYTHING into the wrapper. It doesn’t matter. Its all about this peanut sauce. It is AMAZING. I would LITERALLY eat this over ice cream. That’s how legit this sauce is.
In case you were curious, I stir fried tofu, oyster mushrooms, pea sprouts, garlic, ginger, chinese style sausage and tatsoi. When rolling, I added thai mint and sliced avocados.
- 3/4 cup natural-style creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 1 1/2 medium limes)
- 4 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons chile-garlic paste
- 1 medium garlic clove, mashed to a paste
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Put on literally anything, eat it, and enjoy!